Today we are sharing a recent article from Collective Evolution entitled 'What Happens to People Who Meditate for the First Time.' As you know we believe in many forms of healing to encompass the holistic health and wellness. Meditation can be one of those tools used and as most people know that long-term practice can have healing effects on the body, there haven't been too many studies done about first-time meditators.
- Reduces alcohol and substance consumption, reduces blood pressure (Chiesa, 2009),
- Decreases anxiety, depressive symptoms, and relapses (Coelho, Canter, & Ernst, 2007; Kim et al., 2009)
- Helps patients suffering from various types of chronic pain (Chiesa & Serretti, in press)
- Lowers the incidence of stress (Chiesa & Serretti, 2009)
- Aids cancer patients (Ledesma & Kumano, 2009)
Most people think they have to meditate for years before they start seeing any of these improvements, but a study conducted by Chiesa, Calati, and Serretti shows that after just eight short weeks of meditation, people start to experience improved cognitive functioning."
What else can meditation do for those experiencing it for the first time? Click here to read the original article link and learn more!
Learn more about our holistic approach to health and healing by visiting: http://innerpassagestherapy.com/